Maturity within project-, program- and portfolio management speaks to the organization’s ability to create successful changes through portfolios, projects and programs. With a P3M3® maturity assessment you can assess how you can execute on all three types of management – and how you can improve them based on an official best practice standard.
P3M3® is short for Portfolio, Program and Project Management Maturity Model. It is a model, that is used for evaluating a given organization’s competencies and execution abilities. It simultaneously provides suggestions for improving competencies and the ability to execute. The evaluation can provide input into where focus should be in order to strengthen the collaboration between projects – either within a portfolio of projects or within a program. The assessment simultaneously provides knowledge about where potential investments in competency development are most useful.
What are the effects?
P3M3® gives an objective evaluation of the project method’s anchoring and the project behaviour within the organization. Several Danish businesses use the model to achieve benefits such as:
- Sustaining or securing the effect of investments
- A clear baseline to measure progress against
- The right competency initiatives at the right time
- Ensuring continued experience gathering and learning, including new knowledge and competencies being put into practice
- Increased competitiveness through improved effectiveness and deliveries