Transformations are extensive initiatives, that demand careful management. With program management you create coherence and administration, so the transformation not only progresses but also gives crystal clear contributions to the overall strategy.
When the organization has to implement bigger changes or transformations, initiatives must be coordinated. The changes have to partly be implemented in a well-planned process as well as partly implemented in the cadence, the business has the capacity for. Here program management ensures the overall administration, leadership and coordination between all the program’s parties. It can also secure the organisational implementation, so the desired effects are achieved. Finally, it focuses on minimizing risks, underpinning decision-making and especially, that the organizational change is in agreement with the organization’s overall strategy. In this way a program organization contains all aspects of a change. This applies to things such as identification of desired results and effects, design of the desired future situation and also production of solutions. At the same time, it ensures collaboration between everyone involved as well as organizational implementation, benefits realization and completion.
What are the effects of program management?
- Better drive during the projects – both individually and communally
- Greater coherence between business development and strategy
- Close involvement of stakeholders from business, administration and management
- Focus on risk management
- Supported, effective and well-informed decision making
- Controlled handling of issues, incidents and uncertainties
- Ongoing experience gathering and adjustment to changed conditions within the program- and the organization environment
- Increased benefits realization